Backed by proprietary Swiss sensor technology and materials, the LabSen 553 3-in-1 pH/Temp. Spear Electrode/Sensor/Tester is designed for testing soil directly
- Proprietary pH sensor technology and materials from Switzerland
- Special LabSen Spear pH sensor tip, ideal for direct soil pH testing. No more slurry making.
- PVC housing, ideal for use in harsh environments
- Polymer electrolyte – not more clogged junction
- Long-life reference system, improving the stability of reference electrode and prolong the service life of the electrode
Long-Life Reference System – The LabSen 553 pH electrode adopts a long-life reference system, which is composed of a glass tube, AgCl and a reference silver wire. The top end of the slim glass tube is stuffed with cotton, which prevents the reaction between AgCl and electrolyte when the temperature changes. It improves the stability of reference electrode and extends the service life of the electrode.
Polymer Electrolyte – The solid polymer electrolyte makes the electrode hard to be contaminated and maintenance-free.
Special Glass Membrane – The LabSen 553 pH electrode adopts a spear sensor tip, which is ideal for directly testing semi-solid samples like soil.
Compatible Apera Instruments’ meters: PH700,PH850, PH8500, PH910, PH950, MP511, PH800, PC850, PC8500, PC910, PC950, PC800. (This is a replacement probe for Apera PH850-SL and PH8500 Portable pH Meter). NOT work with other brands’ meters because the temperature unit might be incompatible.
The electrode is backed up with a 6-month warranty by Apera Instruments.