The LabSen® 371 flat pH electrode from Apera Instruments is manufactured using proprietary Swiss sensor technology and materials. The electrode has a flat glass membrane, which is ideal for reliable measurement of smooth surfaces such as skin, paper, leather, fabric, textiles, etc.. A polyoxymethylene (POM) sheath serves as corrosion protection for the electrode and prevents possible damage from impacts.
Special Flat Glass Membrane – The unique flat membrane with a PTFE compound structure is specifically designed for measuring moist, solid and semi-solid surfaces such as paper, skin, textiles and leather. The joint structure is made of multi-porous Teflon material, which makes it resistant to contamination or clogging of the joint.
Long-life reference system – The LabSen 371 pH electrode uses a long-life reference system consisting of a glass tube, AgCl and a reference silver wire. The top of the slim glass tube is filled with cotton, which prevents the reaction between AgCl and electrolyte when the temperature changes. It improves the stability of the reference electrode and extends the life of the electrode.
- PTFE connection made of multi-porous Teflon material for better prevention of contamination and clogging
- Special flat glass membrane for measurements on surfaces such as skin, fabric, paper, etc.
- Blue gel electrolyte, does not flow and does not cause air bubbles
- pH sensor technology and materials from Switzerland
- Long-life reference system that improves the stability of the reference electrode and extends the life of the electrode
- The POM housing is highly resistant to corrosion
The electrode uses a BNC connector that is compatible with all pH meters that use BNC connectors, such as Apera Instruments PH850, PC850, PH8500, PC8500, PH700, PH910, PC910, PH950, PC950,PH800, PH800, PC800, PH820 and PC820. A temperature sensor is not integrated. For automatic temperature compensation, a separate temperature sensor (e.g. Apera Instruments MP500) is required, or the temperature must be entered manually.
This electrode has a 6-month manufacturer’s warranty.