The LabSen® 553 from Apera Instruments is a pH insertion electrode with integrated temperature sensor and is manufactured using proprietary Swiss sensor technology and materials. Reinforced by a PVC housing, the pointed electrode can be used to directly test semi-solid to solid samples such as soil, fruits, vegetables, etc.
LabSen S-Type Pointed Glass Diaphragm – Thanks to the low-resistance and rugged pointed glass diaphragm, the electrode delivers fully stabilized readings in 15 to 30 seconds, yet is up to 10 times more robust than conventional products, significantly reducing the likelihood of the electrode breaking during impact or when penetrating samples.
Polymer electrolyte with hole diaphragm structure – Allows direct contact with test samples without clogging the diaphragm structure. The electrolyte does not need to be refilled.
Long-life reference system – The LabSen 553 pH electrode uses a long-life reference system consisting of a glass tube, AgCl and a reference silver wire. The top of the slim glass tube is filled with cotton, which prevents the reaction between AgCl and electrolyte when the temperature changes. It improves the stability of the reference electrode and extends the life of the electrode.
- Tip for direct measurements of soil, culture media, fruits, etc.
- pH sensor technology and materials from Switzerland
- Polymer electrolyte prevents clogging of the diaphragm
- Blue gel electrolyte, does not flow and does not cause air bubbles
- PVC housing is stable and dirt resistant
- Long-life reference system that improves the stability of the reference electrode and extends the life of the electrode
- Integrated temperature sensor enables automatic temperature compensation
The electrode uses a BNC connector that is compatible with all pH meters that use BNC connectors, such as Apera Instruments PH850, PC850, PH8500, PC8500, PH700, PH910, PC910, PH950, PC950,PH800, PH800, PC800, PH820 and PC820. The integrated temperature sensor is connected with an RCA connector (Cinch) and is not compatible with all measuring devices of other manufacturers. The LabSen 553 is the replacement electrode for the Apera Instruments PH850-SL and PH8500-SL portable pH meters.
This electrode has a 6-month manufacturer’s warranty.