The LabSen® 823 from Apera Instruments is a pH electrode with integrated temperature sensor and is manufactured using proprietary Swiss sensor technology and materials. It is specially designed to measure proteinaceous solutions, so it is suitable for dairy products such as milk, cream, yogurt and other liquid food products such as mayonnaise, jam, BBQ sauce, syrup and so on.
Silver ion trap reference system + protelyte electrolyte – The LabSen 823 electrode is equipped with a silver ion trap reference system and a protelyte reference solution. In addition to the long-life reference system, a silver ion trap is incorporated to prevent protein blockage or contamination of the diaphragm.
LabSen S-Type Hemispherical Glass Diaphragm – Thanks to the low-resistance and rugged glass diaphragm, the electrode delivers fully stabilized readings in 15 to 30 seconds, yet is up to 10 times more rugged than conventional products, significantly reducing the likelihood of the electrode breaking during impacts. It can be used at temperatures up to 100°C.
Patented pH/Temperature Combination Structure – The temperature probe is placed in an independent cavity under the pH glass membrane. With the built-in thermally conductive medium, the temperature sensing capability can be increased by 40%, which significantly improves the response time and stability of the pH electrode.
- Proprietary pH sensor technology and materials from Switzerland
- Designed for milk and other liquid foods containing proteins.
- Unique LabSen hemispherical glass membrane, which has a faster response rate, better repeatability and robustness.
- Blue gel electrolyte, does not flow and does not cause air bubbles
- Silver ion trap reference system + protelyte reference solution to avoid contamination of the electrode with proteins.
- Patented pH/temperature combination structure that increases temperature response time by 40% over a conventional integrated thermistor.
The electrode uses a BNC connector that is compatible with all pH meters that use BNC connectors, such as Apera Instruments PH850, PC850, PH8500, PC8500, PH700, PH910, PC910, PH950, PC950,PH800, PH800, PC800, PH820 and PC820. The integrated temperature sensor is attached with an RCA connector (Cinch) and is not compatible with all measuring devices from other manufacturers. The LabSen 823 is the replacement electrode for the PH850-DP and PH8500-DP from Apera Instruments.
This electrode has a 6-month manufacturer’s warranty.