The PH8500-SS from Apera Instruments is a handy and easy-to-use meter for the determination of pH, ORP (electrode sold separately e.g. 301Pt-C) and temperature. It is especially suitable for direct pH measurement of food samples (meat, cheese, dairy products, fruit, etc.) and other semi-solids (e.g. soil). The included LabSen® 753 pH electrode has a pointed & stable glass membrane and a solid polymer electrolyte, so it can easily penetrate food without causing damage or clogging the diaphragm. It is encased in a food-grade titanium alloy, which is easy to clean and provides additional stability. The electrode has an integrated temperature sensor, which enables automatic temperature compensation (ATC). The PH8500-SS is protected by a silicone cover and is waterproof and dustproof (IP57), making it particularly well suited for field use, even in harsh environments. Furthermore, the meter has a memory function and GLP data management with storage space for up to 500 memory groups. It can be connected to a PC or laptop via USB to either read out the memory groups or perform real-time storage.
- Equipped with the pointed LabSen® 753 pH electrode for food and other semi-solids
- The electrode is protected by a food grade and easy to clean titanium alloy
- Silicone case provides safe & firm grip and protects from shocks
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP57) for use in harsh environments
- Fold-out stand for convenient indoor operation
- Quick and easy 1- to 3-point calibration
- Large, illuminated LCD simultaneously displays conductivity value and temperature, as well as additional measurement and calibration information
- GLP data management (500 memory groups) with data output via USB, also with real-time storage function
- Self-diagnosis supports calibration or troubleshooting
The meter is RoHS and EC certified and has a 3 year warranty (6 months on the electrode).