The LabSen® 841 pH electrode from Apera Instruments is manufactured using proprietary Swiss sensor technology and materials. It was specially developed for the measurement of strongly basic solutions (10-14 pH).
LabSen HA Glass Membrane – The LabSen 841 pH electrode uses a special glass membrane that provides better accuracy and reproducibility in strong base solutions while minimizing alkali error. The hemispherical glass diaphragm is robust and built to be highly shock resistant (up to 10 times more robust than conventional products), significantly reducing the likelihood that the electrode will break upon impact.
Silver Ion Trap Reference System – In addition to the Long Life Reference System, a silver ion trap is incorporated into the LabSen 841 pH electrode to prevent blockage or contamination of the diaphragm by silver sulfide.
- Patented pH sensor technology and materials from Switzerland
- Especially for pH measurement of strongly basic solutions (10-14 pH) with minimized alkali error
- Silver ion trap reference system prevents contamination of the electrode
- Glass membrane up to 10 times more robust than conventional products
- Blue gel electrolyte, does not flow and does not cause air bubbles
The electrode uses a BNC connector that is compatible with all pH meters that use BNC connectors, such as Apera Instruments PH850, PC850, PH8500, PC8500, PH700, PH910, PC910, PH950, PC950,PH800, PH800, PC800, PH820 and PC820. A temperature sensor is not integrated. For automatic temperature compensation, a separate temperature sensor (e.g. Apera Instruments MP500) is required, or the temperature must be entered manually. The LabSen 841 is the replacement electrode for the PH850-SA and PH8500-SA from Apera Instruments.
This electrode has a 6-month manufacturer’s warranty.